Have you ever wondered about what you can do with stale bread? I have done so countless times! Here is something absolutely delicious you can get out of old leftover bread.
It is the first time I am making bread pudding and I am glad the experiment came out successfully.
As a huge consumer of bread, my kitchen is never void of stale bread, so recently I have been thinking of ways of consuming bread in its entirety not sharing some with the bin:-) It’s a shame I did that some time ago! Stale bread could be such a delight!
I decided to experiment with my leftover pieces:
- Leftover bread (about 200-250g in my case)
- 1/2 liter semi-skimmed milk
- 2-3 eggs
- 10 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon (How I love cinnamon especially the aroma:-)
- A pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Break the bread into small pieces
- Add sugar ,salt (to your taste) to lukewarm milk and mix well.
- Soak bread pieces in milk solution for approximately 5 mins
- Beat your eggs and pour over the soaked bread
- Mix everything together and pour in the baking pan
- Preheat oven to 220 degrees
- Bake for 30 mins
You should expect something like this more or less!
Allow to cool and you can enjoy your bread pudding with some tea.