Some days just wind up quickly such that one can hardly account for the hours spent meaningfully. The last couple of days have been a description of that for me. I got into September with a bucket full of things hanging off my sleeves to accomplish, but I am already 8 days into the month with very little done. Today I so wished I had the ability to just press pause on the clock for a while ( could use some of Bro Joshua’s anointing right now) . Being mama to two little ones is not always fun, especially when you end up with an unfinished list of things to do. I had these tasks planned yesterday :
- Do some groceries
- Make lunch for the kids
- Feed them,
- Run 1 or 3 errands around town
- Fix dinner
- Do some twerking and tinkering on my blog, put up some really great recipes or some mummy tips…
At the end of the day, this is what I managed to do:
- Gave the kids their bottles of milk in the morning
- Changed those smelly diapers
- Played with kids (building blocks) for 30 minutes
- Danced the song “5 little monkeys jumping on the bed...” several times
- Rushed out for groceries
- Made Lunch, dipped the kids in water, made dinner, read some bedtime stories
and finally put them in bed.
Then started off with cleaning, packing toys, doing the dishes….
And what reads the clock? 22:30 PM! Can I write anything constructive? Oh no. Some other daymaybe…
Check mails, respond to blog comments, take a shower, drink my favorite chamomile tea, have my night devotion and off to bed, was how I ended the day finally.
So how productive was my day? Do you have days or even seasons when things don’t just work out as planned? I am definitely having them days now… hoping I can get it all sorted soon and fill this space with some goodies. Till then
Much love to you all.