Christmas is a special season of the year, a festive period that is marked by the abundance of gifts giving.On Tuesday, Sinterklaas (Saint Nicholas) visited my son’s school and brought these gifts for EJ. He also made a stop over at the daycare dropping some more gifts for E.G.
According to Dutch folklore, (which is very interesting to read by the way) the saint brought gifts for kids who have been good throughout the year. The kids had to welcome the Saint with some songs and each child with a good report got a package from him, made up of cookies, chocolate, and mandarin.
As such, the gift-giving nature of Christmas makes me want to shout out loud what I really want this year, call it a gift list.
As a very active foodie who plans to share more recipes on here, I need my kitchen to be adequately equipped. Can I get an amen! Here is a list of gifts I want:
I need this blender: Oster-Pro 1200 Blender 2-in-1 with a food processor.
My blender just tabled in its notice to go on retirement, I am still contemplating if to sign the notice and let it go! As my heart is contemplating the matter, I stumbled on this blender! Now I can hear some screams; the old must go for the new to come ain’t? Just have a look at some of the functions of this blender:
- Dual Direction Blade Technology for extra blending power to chop and grind with precision, Extra wide 3.5-Inch blade system allows ingredients to flow down into the blade easier for faster and smoother results.
- 1200 power watts and 900 watts of ice crushing power, 6-cup dishwasher safe Boroclass glass jar withstands thermal shock.
- Pulse feature helps to blend with precision, Sleek and modern design, brushed nickel finish and compact footprint 7 x 7 x 14 inches will look great in your kitchen.
- Legendary All metal drive system for lasting durability Includes: Extra Large capacity 24 oz smoothie cup.
- Includes 5-cup BPA-free food processing bowl, stainless steel slicing disc, and chopping blade.
- 10 year All-Metal-Drive Warranty, Made in North America!
2. I want a hand mixer
In the past , I used a blender for most of my pastries; doughnut and chin chin included. Looking forward to owning this hand mixer, girl you are welcome; come where you rightfully belong; mama’s beautiful busy kitchen.
3. I desire a programmable Electric multi-functional pressure cooker with 25 built-in smart programs.
4. I long to own an instant pot:
I read about this kitchen pot on one lovely blog I follow, leadership2mommyship. From the day I read about this utensil, I didn’t need a seer to tell me I needed it. I dived to amazon (been hanging out on Amazon lately) to read more about the precious jewel. After looking up all the options, the desire in me swelled up only to notice a note on the site. The product is manufactured to North American electrical standards and is intended for use in the United States and Canada. Oops! That means` I will have to shop around then.
After listing out these four items, I felt one ugly guilt stench; “don’t you think you are asking for too much?’ Well well, Christmas really is not only about getting all the material gifts. Invest time to know the greatest gift that mankind could ever receive; Jesus! Christmas is about appreciating God’s love. It is about sharing the reason for the season; more of savoring some quality time with family.
The most important thing I really want is to know Him more and more! As Paul says in Philippians 3:10 “That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death.” John 3:16 “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”