The winner of the 2016 cakes award definitely goes to lemon cake. This cake is the best even for not so cakey folks. It is spongy, lemony, spacy, sweet and lemony, oops I just used lemony again! It is simply lemony.
Now I know I have been loading you with lots of snacks lately, but trust me, this cake is a must make. I am part of a Cameroonian foodie group on Facebook, this week we are having a cake challenge thus this recipe.
Let me share some little secret with you all. Everyone loves homemade cake. This season, make sure you offer this cake to that neighbor across the street whom you meet daily. Make sure you wrap some for your colleague at work, send some to family and friends. I tell you my friend, the recipients of this delicacy will never forget you. Even though they may, ah your cake will speak for you.
Did I convince you enough to make the lemon cake? Maybe not, I will proceed to teach you anyway:
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoon (16g) baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 cup semi-skimmed milk
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- Pour flour into a large bowl, throw in baking powder, salt, and lemon zest
- Blend sugar, eggs together(told you a blender will always be handy)
- Add in vegetable oil, milk and mix
- Pour the blended ingredients into a bowl, then stir in the dry ingredients(flour, baking powder and salt)
- Stir continuously (If you have a hand mixer use it) to get a smooth batter
Pour into a greased pan(my baking pan is enjoying the effects of overuse:-))
Bake in a preheated oven of 180 degrees celsius (356F) for 40-45mins
Insert a toothpick and if it comes out clean then your cake is ready.
Remove and allow to cool
This mixture actually gave me two cakes
Lemon cake at its best!
As always remember to share!