Life can quickly turn into a mere existence, a routine chasing after the wind. Rising up early and staying up late to follow the cares of this life. This describes my updated version: waking up doing the normal chores and off to the chase!
When life is reduced to this, then it will be a matter of time before depression sets in. You know why? I believe we were not made for the mad chase… God’s original purpose for us is to fellowship with Him. In all your getting, I think it is important to take a pause and remind yourself of this purpose. We need to relax – I love this word maybe because I need to tell myself that most!
I hereby share with you a few verses from my relaxation pack. I pray this strengthens your hope in Christ and encourages your heart:
5 SCRIPTURES TO STIR YOUR HOPE
1. Hebrews 4:14-15 ‘Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession. For we have not a high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.
This scripture makes me scream out in joy, knowing that Jesus knows exactly how I feel sometimes. He is seated at the right hand of God making intercession for me. Pleading my case before the LORD. As a mom, I clearly picture how it goes, because of the intercessions I make for my kids before their dad. I visualize Him telling the Father”Forgive her, that is what I shed my blood for”.
2. Psalm 34:15 The eyes of the LORD are upon the righteous, and his ears are open unto their cry.
Yes God sees me, in my deepest pain, in my lack, through every challenge, God’s eyes are on me. And His ears open to hear my voice. This should encourage your heart, there’s an omnipresent eye constantly watching over you.
3. Corinthians 4:17 For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory: While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.
Doesn’t it feel better just to know that whatever affliction you may be going through is just momentary? There are glorious days ahead.
4) Philippians 4:6 Be careful for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
I so love this scripture and hearing my mom in church echo it again last Sunday came so timely! Get rid of all the anxiety via prayer, supplication, and thanksgiving, then reap peace in return. It’s that simple! Friends just leave it at the Masters’ feet, He got your back!
5) Philippians 3:13-14 Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I PRESS toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.
There is more to life people, let us PRESS on, the best is yet to come. Pressing on suggest there are obstacles on the way, but there’s sufficient grace to triumph! We have a high calling in Christ Jesus, let’s get rid of all the distractions and run the race mapped out before us.
Don’t you just love these above scriptures? A bonus Verse:
Philippians 3:20 For our citizenship is in heaven; from whence also we look for the savior, The Lord Jesus Christ…
The word of God is truly beautiful for every situation, it touches every area of our lives. Now a quick question(s) for you reading:
Is your citizenship in heaven? Have you made Jesus your personal Lord and savior? If you haven’t made that life-changing decision my friend, I encourage you to give your heart to Jesus. He alone is able to give us hope that transcends our present suffering. Only he can give us peace amidst the present chaos in the world. And who else can give your life a complete spin? Jesus is the answer!
Hallelujah! Congratulations my friend if you just joined the heavenly citizens! You just made Heaven have another party.
God bless you!